Over het boek
Gritty images around NYC of urban grit and decay. Taking this inherently appalling subject matter and photographing it in a way that accentuates its natural unseen beauty and transforming it through my lens into something desirable and possibly even beautiful. This is the greatest challenge that I address in this book. And hopefully beg the question of what is beauty? What really makes something beautiful?
Dedicated to my loving parents John and Susan, for without them this book would not be possible. And to the wonderful Regan Family. My home away from home.
kenmerken / functionaliteiten & details
- Categorie Kunstfotografie
Standaard staand, 20×25 cm
- Hardcover, stofhoes: 9781320034487
- Paperback: 9781320034470
- Hardcover, ImageWrap: 9781320034494
- Datum publiceren jul 02, 2011
- Taal English
- Labels photography., abandond, rot, dead, abandon, abandoned, teen, young, warhol, NY, grainy, sva, creepy, fun, pratt, graffiti, teens, kids, splunking, urban, gritty, art, film, B&W, color, NYC, New york city, street art, pop art, color theory, washington dc, New york, color film, dark underground, school of visual arts, fine art, art book, black and white, new york city