Director of Technical Operations and DevOps
San Francisco, CA
Blurb® is a book-making platform and creative community that enables individuals to create, publish, share and sell high-quality photo books, trade books, and magazines in both print and digital formats. Blurb is accessible to consumers across the globe with free, innovative book creation and layout tools. Founded in 2005, Blurb has over 2 million customers worldwide, resulting in over 4 million unique book titles, with nearly 18 million units shipped to almost 100 countries around the world. We are headquartered in San Francisco.
We’re looking for a Director of Technical Operations and DevOps with excellent experience and skills in managing IT teams, processes, and infrastructure for our physical, cloud, and corporate IT environments. This person will manage TechOps, DevOps, and infrastructure.
We have a fairly lean team, with hard working engineers and the director will have an opportunity to work closely with all levels of business and all stakeholders.
- Provide technical leadership and direction for an experienced team of individual contributors.
- Be the point person for contractor, customer, and internal teams.
- Lead the team in building scalable, highly available development and production environments.
Other Job Functions:
- Help establish procedures and practices
- Managing IT expenses, purchasing, and budgeting
- 5+ years of leadership success supervising systems and teams of engineers.
- Excellent project and people management skills.
- Solid understanding of network, data, storage, cloud, virtualization, monitoring, security, and physical servers.
- Understanding of front-end web and back-end Java applications.
- Experience with e-commerce, API services, and publishing.
- Experience with continuous integration and deployment environments
Supervisory Responsibility: Supervising several teams of engineers
Blurb is a high-growth company, which means tremendous challenges and opportunities. We are looking for smart people who learn fast, solve problems, and get the job done. Our team is tasked with finding innovative ways to achieve hyper-growth and looking at new verticals and possibly new business models.
- Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance (PPO or HMO options)
- 401(k) retirement plan
- Employer-paid life insurance, short-term and long-term disability
- Flexible Spending Accounts for medical, dependent care, and transportation expenses
- 10 paid holidays
- 15 days paid time off per year (with tenure-based increases after two years)
- An extra day off for your birthday
- Free lunch on Wednesdays
- Company sponsored yoga and in-office massages
- $300 credit a year to create your own books with Blurb
How to Apply
Please email resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Blurb is committed to equal opportunity and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, disability status or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
The employer will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the American with Disabilities Act of 1990. The job description will be reviewed periodically as duties and responsibilities change with business necessity. Essential and other job functions are subject to modification. Reasonable accommodations may be provided to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.