Senior Technical Program Manager
San Francisco, CA
The Program Manager will be responsible for planning and managing successful releases of Blurb’s key features, tools and backend systems for printed books using the Agile dedicated product team model. The program manager will also be the acting Scrum Master for multiple teams. A successful TPM at Blurb is expected to work closely with technical leads to manage delivery of component products while simultaneously coordinating successful launches of large-scale product initiatives. Program Management at Blurb is a team role that partners closely with Technology, Product Management and works effectively with all functional areas within the company.
Who you are:
You are someone who enjoys working in a growing and evolving company. You are personable, positive natured and can get along with almost anyone. You can see the project from a very high level but can roll up your sleeves and dive in if necessary. You thrive on the idea of working where teamwork is encouraged and promoted. You consider yourself a growing subject matter expert in your field and have worked on infrastructure projects and can offer breadth and depth of knowledge on various subjects.
What you’ll do:
- Serve as scrum master: Lead sprint planning, grooming, daily stand-ups, and sprint retrospectives. Be the remover of all sprint obstacles.
- Track and report on project milestones, project dependencies, task completion and all other related deliverables.
- Effectively lead estimation exercises with the teams to set expectations with stakeholders
- Work closely with developers, QA, product management, and others as needed to proactively identify potential internal and external conflicts; mitigate risk and adhere to launch schedule commitments.
- Drive continuous process improvement while honoring the Agile Manifesto
- Manage multiple projects with shifting and competing priorities
- Assist in distilling product requirements into actionable items for engineers
- Mentor team members to adopt a true Agile mindset including ownership, self-management, and empowerment.
What you need to succeed:
- Bachelors Degree, 6+ years of experience in software program management
- Experience using Jira Agile for tracking and managing development efforts
- Experience running dual track sprint for true Agile execution including design
- Candidate should be certified as Scrum Master
- Solid understanding of systems architecture, design, and implementation
- Ability to interact with a diverse set of technical and non-technical stakeholders
- Experience with web service API design and/or strategy a plus
- Effective communication and team facilitation skills are an absolute requirement for this role. This requires you to be fluent in both technology and the language of product.
- Knowledge of DevOps capabilities such as Continuous Integration and Delivery (CI/CD), Automated Testing, etc.
Blurb® is a book-making platform and creative community that enables individuals to create, publish, share and sell high-quality photo books, trade books, and magazines in both print and digital formats. Blurb is accessible to consumers across the globe with free, innovative book creation and layout tools. Founded in 2005, Blurb has over 2 million customers worldwide, resulting in over 4 million unique book titles, with nearly 18 million units shipped to almost 100 countries around the world. The company is headquartered in San Francisco and can be found online at www.blurb.com.
- Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance (HMO, PPO, HSA options)
- Parental Leave Benefit
- Employer-Paid Life insurance, Short-term and Long-term disability
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Flexible Spending Accounts for Medical, Dependent Care, and Transportation and Parking expenses
- 10 Paid Holidays
- 15 Days Paid Time Off Per Year (with tenure-based increases after two years)
- Birthday Off
- Catered Lunch on Wednesdays
- Office massage
- $300 credit A Year to Create Your Own Books with Blurb
How to Apply
Please email resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Blurb is committed to equal opportunity and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, disability status or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
The employer will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the American with Disabilities Act of 1990. The job description will be reviewed periodically as duties and responsibilities change with business necessity. Essential and other job functions are subject to modification. Reasonable accommodations may be provided to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.