San Francisco, CA
Blurb® is a book-making platform and creative community that enables individuals to create, publish, share and sell high-quality photo books, trade books, and magazines in both print and digital formats. Blurb is accessible to consumers across the globe with free, innovative book creation and layout tools. Founded in 2005, Blurb has over 2 million customers worldwide, resulting in over 4 million unique book titles, with nearly 18 million units shipped to almost 100 countries around the world. We are headquartered in San Francisco.
The Web Application Team at Blurb enables people all over the globe to buy, sell and share books seamlessly through the Blurb platform and beyond. As a member of this agile team, you will be responsible for collaborating and innovating on cutting-edge features and developing a scalable infrastructure to ship features to our worldwide customer base.
As a member of an agile software delivery team, you will be responsible for implementing automated solutions for testing the cutting-edge features we ship to our worldwide customer base. As a Software Engineer in Test, you are also responsible for mentoring and technical guidance for our evolving testing infrastructure. You will research and bring new technologies and ideas to the team to pursue best-in-class automation solutions.
You are a coder and thrive by applying your technical skills to build elegant solutions to meet quality goals. You will debate requirements, defend standards, and write automated tests to ensure timely and bug-free releases of Blurb’s website, services, and content creation tools. We believe the only way to successfully maintain and grow web services is by automating testing at every layer - unit, service, and the integrated system.
- Ensure Blurb.com and other UI applications continue to operate according to business standards and performance through our web-tests regression suite automated through Jenkins CI pipelines [25%]
- Ensure smooth communication and operation between various UI application components using integration tests, New Relic, APMs, and other monitoring tools [25%]
- Collaborate with other software engineers, Product Manager and stakeholders to ensure Blurb.com continues to meet a high bar of quality [15%]
- Recommend test infrastructure upgrades and migration steps to improve the existing customer experience and expedite migration from Rails into React.js [5%]
- Create diagrams and documentation of the test infrastructure (i.e. Selenium Grid, Browserstack, Cypress, Pipelines and related software to show engineers how things are tested and what is needed for testing [5%]
- Solid understanding of OOP and related concepts
- Advanced understanding of Selenium, Rspec, WebDriver, Browserstack, and other typical test automation tools
- A clear understanding of automated testing landscape as it relates to websites, client/server systems, and REST APIs
- Knowledge of relational databases and the ability to run SQL queries to verify data
- Solid grasp and enthusiasm for Agile development practices
- Experience configuring continuous integration systems, such as Jenkins
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Ability to see the big picture and remain strategic in your decision making
- Results-oriented and proactive
- Positive attitude, collaborative, team player
- Education: BS in Computer Science or a related discipline, or equivalent training
Work Environment: This is a full-time position based in our San Francisco headquarters.
How to Apply
Please email resume and cover letter to email@example.com
Blurb is committed to attracting and retaining the most highly qualified candidates available. As a Blurb employee you will be consistently challenged to deliver to the best of your ability. If you are prepared for this challenge, tell us your qualifications, experience and interests in this position in a cover letter and resume. Please be sure and tell us why you think you would be a great addition to the Blurberati!
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Blurb is committed to equal opportunity and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, disability status or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
The employer will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the American with Disabilities Act of 1990. The job description will be reviewed periodically as duties and responsibilities change with business necessity. Essential and other job functions are subject to modification. Reasonable accommodations may be provided to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying